This Zucchini Chicken Pesto Bowl Recipe is a great way to satisfy your pasta cravings. These zucchini noodles are made with a spiralizer and tossed in pesto sauce. Isn’t pesto awesome? You can choose your favorite pesto sauce – red or green – or a blend of both – for this recipe. We chose green pesto.
Just look at how awesome these zucchini noodles look and they’re fun to make!
How to Prep The Zucchini Chicken Pesto Bowl Recipe Ingredients
Add some vegetables and additional flavor to this zucchini bowl by tossing a few ingredients together in a pan, saute and add to the bowl. We chose grape tomatoes, spinach and red onion inspired by a favorite dish at Noddles and Company.
Having cooked chicken on-hand also makes this recipe quick and easy to make. You can either use left over chicken from a dinner recipe or a roasted chicken from your grocery store. Consider making cooking up chicken and dividing into ziploc bags and freezing in your freezer so you always have chicken available and ready to go for your favorite recipes.
High Protein Lunch Challenge
Have you signed up for our High Protein Lunch Challenge? This is one of our recipes in our High Protein Lunch Challenge Getting Started Guide. You can get this guide and join in the challenge for free! We look forward to meeting you!
Zucchini Chicken Pesto Bowl Recipe
- 2 cups zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup cooked chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. green pesto
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and sauté the grape tomatoes, spinach, and red onion together just until the flavors blend and the red onion starts become translucent.
- Mix in the zucchini noodles and chicken.
- Add the pesto and quickly toss.
- Serve immediately or place in a container and reheat later.