This low carbohydrate chicken parmesan high protein lunch recipe is a traditional favorite you can look forward to eating for lunch. It is easy to make in bulk and freeze for a quick and easy lunch to grab for work.
Chicken Parmesan For A High Protein Lunch Idea
Preparing several chicken parmesan breasts to freeze for lunch is easy. Butterfly a package of chicken breasts and you’ll be able to create 6-8 lunches in about an hour. This recipe doesn’t use bread crumbs which keeps the carbohydrate low. However, you should add high fiber healthy carbohydrates to this lunch to keep you full.
Spiralize zucchini or make spaghetti squash noodles to replace pasta in this recipe and you can keep it high protein while satisfying your pasta cravings. Cut up the chicken parmesan and toss in chopped up tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and garlic. Or keep it traditional by adding your favorite side salad.
How To Make Ahead and Freeze Chicken Parmesan High Protein Lunch Recipe
After butterflying the chicken, sprinkle with Italian seasoning and brown the breasts in a pan drizzled with olive oil. Line the chicken breasts in a baking dish. Drizzle your favorite marinara sauce over the breasts. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake the chicken for thirty minutes at 350. After they’ve cooled, place each chicken breast into a container or ziploc bag to freeze.
High Protein Lunch Challenge
Have you signed up for our High Protein Lunch Challenge? We have high protein lunch starter recipes in our High Protein Lunch Challenge Getting Started Guide. You can get this guide and join in the challenge for free! We look forward to meeting you!
Chicken Parmesan Lunch Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breasts, butterflyed
- 3 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle olive oil in the pan and allow to warm up.
- Brown each side of the chicken breasts.
- Line chicken breasts in a 9x13 pan.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Place half slices of mozzarella cheese on each chicken breast.
- Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool and place into ziploc bags or containers to freeze.